We recently received a book written by Chris Salgardo, the president of Kiehl's (which includes some of the many products we've come to love at ManPossible). He published a book called MANMADE: The Essential Skincare & Grooming Reference for Every Man. As the author and title suggest, the book is about... grooming with a Twenty-First-Century man in mind.
Part 2, the meat of the book, details out the grooming needs for five different types of men:
- The Modern Gentleman: What it takes to be a polished and on point today
- The Hands-On man: How-To's and hacks for the guy who gets things done
- The Extreme Dude: Practical advice for the man who pushes limits
- The Rebel Artist: A few rules for thriving against the grain
- The Renaissance Man: A thoughtful approach to maintaining body and soul
In short, it's filled with relatively honest and straight to the point tips all men can benefit from. It also features interviews with real men - that makes it interesting from a practical perspective. One surprising aspect of the book is that aside from Kiehl's visual mention and logo print on the cover of the book, the book does a great job of staying product agnostic (to my surprise, it really did not push for Kiehl's products). Great job!
This book is sure to make a great coffee table book... I mean a bathroom countertop read... and is a book that you can actually use, daily... just don't forget to entertain your guests in your bathroom.