In our past articles, we referenced that men secretly gravitate towards female grooming products and brands; from feminine body wash products to wearing (your girlfriend’s) skinny jeans. Most of us (guys) are often a bit ashamed and feel guilty of secretly enjoying these “practices”. Let’s face it, men also want to look good and feel great! There’s nothing wrong with that. The only logic we can think of is that our society believes that men have a higher tolerance for shitty products. Guess what society? You are WRONG!!!! Try wiping your butt with recycled toilet paper, then come back and tell us that all toilet paper is created equal!!!... [editor’s note - easy, I’m sensing a bit of passion here].
What’s in the box?
Within the bright green package you will find the following items:
· Detailed instruction menu (English/Spanish)
· Pair of plastic disposable gloves
· 2.3 FL. OZ spray bottle of Nourishing Crème Developer
· 1.55 FL. OZ tube of Nourishing Color Crème
· .67 FL pack of Nourishing Avocado, Olive & Shea Oil Conditioner
· Small bottle of Fruit Oil Concentrate
How it works
1. Twist the small cap off the Color Crème and use the top end of the cap to penetrate the tube.
2. Unscrew the top of the sealed Nourish Crème Developer and squeeze in a generous amount of Color Crème.
3. Snap open the Fruit Oil Concentrate package and pour the mixture into the bottle.
4. Close the top and proceed to shake vigorously. Make sure the Color Crème is evenly distributed within the Developer. The overall substance should change from a milky white to the color of the dye.
Hint: Since guys usually have shorter hair, it’s recommended that you pour the desired amount of both the developer and color crème into a separate mix bowl. That way you can save the remaining developer in the sealed bottle for a second use. (Be frugal friends).
5. Put on a pair of plastic gloves and proceed to go to town on your hair!
What I liked
Instead of giving everyone a play-by-play of the application process, I am going to jump right into what I really liked about this product.
1. Fruity Goodness
a. The fruity aroma of the oil helps make the application process a lot more enjoyable.
b. The fruity oil also adds the essential vitamins and nutrients to help counterbalance the harmful chemicals found in most hair dyes.
2. Easy to Use
a. Instructions and required materials are all included in the box. From applying to washing off the dye, all steps and supplies are included.
b. There’s even a nourishing conditioner full of healthy fruit ingredients to rejuvenate your hair.
3. Long Lasting
a. Here’s the BEST part. This stuff lasts a LONG time. I went with the Light Intense Auburn and have been rocking the same vibrant do for over 2 months. Guess what? It still looks as fresh as I had on the first day of application. Unlike the other off the shelf dyes, the color does not wash off easily. No need to apply and re-apply!
Next time when you think about bringing some new color into your life, MP recommends checking out Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color. There is no shame in browsing in the female section for men’s grooming products. Bring your mother if you have to.